Friday, December 26, 2008

Statistics.


Manhattan has 70,595 residents per square mile; the block I grew up on was a square mile and was home to more cows than people.

The population of Manhattan ALONE is 1,620,867. I just passed an updated sign for my hometown; it read 3,406 (that's a population spike of nearly 400 since the old sign made its debut, folks).

The most expensive Upper East Side penthouse (in The Pierre Hotel) was listed in the classifieds for approximately $70 million, and the most expensive townhouse was listed for $75 million. In the newspaper earlier today, I saw that in my hometown you can rent a brand new one bedroom apartment for $300 a month.

That is all.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I just stumbled over your blog and it's fun to read! Been a long time sinc we connected, and it's looking to be longer, but hey, good luck in NYC! And you'll be closer to Brett the Jet?... but my bro would rather kill him probably... i don't know your feelings on that one

    ReplyDelete